COVID-19 Preparedness and Responsiveness Plankengland
All public events at Galesburg Speedway are cancelled until further notice. Public events will not resume until state guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic allows public events of 500 – 1000 fans to attend. Please be respectful to those who may share a different opinion of state orders and Galesburg Speedway staff who are asked to enforce them.
Rules for those with an appointment or reservation for private outdoor recreational activities are as followed:
- Galesburg Speedway is closed to the public.
- The front gate will remain shut for any visitors and will not be opened for anyone without a scheduled appointment or reservation.
- All concession stands are closed, no food or drink will be for sale or provided to any attendees.
- Gates will open at 2 PM with practice going from 4 pm – 8 pm.
- No race engines shall be started until 4 pm.
- Anyone with a reservation may arrive with themselves and up to 3 people, but must arrive together; but are not required to be in the same vehicle.
- Anyone showing up after or before their group will not be allowed to enter the property.
- No vehicles except staff and those attendees with a trailer and race car will be allowed in the pit area. All others will park a minimum of 10 feet apart in the the designated parking area and will enter the track through the back pit gate after registration.
- Attendees will register in at the main ticket office.
- When registering only one group will be allowed at the registration window.
- A pen will be supplied and attendee will keep the pen.
- Masks are required while signing in.
- Hand sanitizer is available for all attendees after registration.
- All appointments will follow all C.D.C, State of Michigan and Galesburg Speedway guidelines when it comes to the wearing of masks and social distancing.
- Please bring your own cloth or disposable masks. Anyone without a mask will be asked to leave.
- Masks are required in the following areas.
- Pit crew observation area(s)
- When within 6 foot of another person and social distancing is not possible.
- While checking in for your scheduled appointment.
- Masks are not required for children as designated by the CDC guidelines.
- Appointments who share a time slot will be separated in the pit area by a minimum of 6 foot of separation, and may not leave their designated pit area except for the following reasons.
- To use the restrooms.
- To drop off tires to be mounted and dismounted.
- To leave pit area to go out to your vehicle; if arrived in separate vehicle.
- To go to the track observation area where you will be required to be a minimum of 6 foot apart.
- Nobody is allowed in your designated pit area whom you did not arrive with.
- Nobody is permitted to stand along the make ready shoot wall.
- All people entering the property will have their temperature checked and checked for any symptoms of COVID-19; anyone displaying any symptoms will be told to leave.
- No one, other than staff will be allowed to enter any structures except for designated restrooms.
- A limit on the number of people allowed in each restroom at one time will be enforced.
- Restrooms shall be disinfected and sterilized by Galesburg Speedway using chemicals consistent with those designated by the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in areas around the track for any attendees.
- Attendees requiring additional personal protection equipment are required to notify Galesburg Speedway of these requirement at least 4 hours before their appointment. If these requirements can not be met by Galesburg Speedway attendees will need to provide them or will not be allowed to attend.
- All General Rules for Galesburg Speedway are to be followed by all attendees unless any violate any posted orders in conflict of social distancing guidelines created by the CDC, State of Michigan or Galesburg Speedway.
- No sharing of food or beverages with anyone.
Galesburg Speedway Employees
- Galesburg Speedway has an appointed staff member present at all times to monitor and enforce that all rules are being followed.
- Employees are Prohibit in gatherings of any size in which people cannot maintain six feet of distance from one another.
- Employees will limit in-person interaction with clients and patrons to the maximum extent possible, and bar any such interaction in which people cannot maintain six feet of distance from one another.
- Galesburg Speedway will provide personal protective equipment such as gloves, goggles, face shields, and face masks as appropriate for the activity being performed to employees.
- Galesburg Speedway has adopted protocols to limit the sharing of tools and equipment to the maximum extent possible and to ensure frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfection of tools, equipment, and frequently touched surfaces for both employees and attendees.
ALL ATTENDEES ARE REQUIRED TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND GUIDELINES, IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.