Galesburg Speedway - 2017 Street Stock Rules
Galesburg Speedway 2017 Street Stock Rules
100 Decibel Noise Limit on all Cars-No Exceptions! All cars will have working Mufflers (regardless how long you have run without them) & all exhaust will exit below the car.
A Special Safety Note to all drivers: It is your responsibility to look over and upgrade all of your personal safety equipment. A full containment seat, a head & neck restraint, a fuel cell with all of the proper check valves in place, a new fire suit including the proper under garments, gloves, socks & shoes that are all to the highest of safety ratings. Highly recommended that all safety equipment get upgraded to a Snell 2015 rating and be SFI/1 approved.
Tires will be the Hoosier D 800. Absolutely No Tire Soaking or Altering the Tire of Any Kind!
Five Star has stock appearing '88 Monte Carlo steel body that Lane sells for a very reasonable price. The entire body is steel but it has a fiberglass stock sized roof with C pillars. You will be allowed to run this Five Star un-altered fiberglass roof on a Street Stock mounted 100% in a stock appearing fashion. Five Star also makes a stock appearing
(not a flat sheet of fiberglass) replacement fiberglass hood for these cars which is also allowed. Stock size/height/length A & B pillars, no lowering or moving the full stock sized roof.
OEM style steel body from front to rear (See above rule on Five Star body parts that do not have to remain steel). The doors and the rockers can be made out of aluminum or sheet metal but will have the stock body line & curve as the stock panels do. All bodies will be a stock appearing-No Flat sides or stretched out bodies.
• The full floorboard and front firewall can remain stock or you can have a fabricated cockpit. If you choose to fabricate your own foot box, the sides & bottom of the foot box will be a minimum of 1/8” steel. No thin gauge sheet metal foot boxes will be allowed. The passenger side sheet metal/floorboard will remain low next to the driver going over to the right side frame rail.
• All aftermarket nose & tail pieces will be uncut and not widened. All nose & tail pieces will be mounted in a stock fashion as these are not Super Late Model look a-likes!! The same thing goes for the material joining your fenders to your nose piece. If your nose piece is mounted close to stock location, you will not need a 3’ pc of sheet metal to join your nose to your fender or a 12” strip of aluminum that goes between the noise piece & the hood!! A 1981 aftermarket Camaro nose piece can be ran on a full stock bodied Camaro only.
• Stock OEM appearing steel bodies…..NO Late Model look a-like fenders, quarter panels or nose pieces. We will strictly adhere to the specs of your original body. Build your cars level & to spec. Weight penalties will be assessed for bodies built outside of the Stock Appearing Rules, as deemed by officials. We have a great looking class of cars…..these cars will remain looking as such. New for 2017 – you can continue to be semi-creative with your bodies……however; the front, the rear, the top & the windshield angles are going to come relatively close to matching the same car body! There will be no mixing & matching of your car bodies from front to rear…..No new style Camaro front body sections matched up with an old style Camaro rear section paired up with a Mustang Roof while having the windshield angle of a Dodge Viper!! No rear ends of the bodies up be allowed to be 5-8” up in the air higher than a stock body. No cars will have any “extra” rake built into their bodies from front to rear. You have all winter; clean up the messy bodies for 2017!
• No body panel or nose piece will be lower than 5” off the ground-measured with driver in the car race ready. No spoilers of any kind, including trying to make a dip in your trunk or kicking up your tailpiece to try and form a make shift spoiler. Rub rails are OK with no sharp edges or fasteners
• Minimum weight before qualifying or the feature is 3100# including the driver. Leaf Springs add 75lbs.
• Minimum wheelbase is 108”. Rear wheel drive, stock frames only. No fabricated chassis of any kind. Minimum frame height off the ground will be 6” which can be checked before or after the race. The new tubular metric chassis is making a strong case for the 30 year old stock frames that we are presently using. These may become legal in the future……although the weight penalty for this chassis has not yet been determined.
• Lexan windshield is mandatory. No rear window or front side window panels. Opera windows OK
• A minimum of a 4-post roll cage is required. Front and rear hoops are recommended. The cage must mount directly on top of the frame. A minimum of 3 door bars on the drivers side with a mandatory drivers plate over the door bars, measuring 10” x 30” x 1/8” thick. All tubing on the main roll cage to be a minimum of 1 ¾” and .090 thickness.
• Engines must be stock appearing, all cast iron block & heads and in stock location. Cast iron or aluminum intake. Cast iron exhausts manifolds or Headers OK with 3” maximum exhaust tubing. Carburetor will be a single 2 or 4 barrel carburetor and a maximum 1” store bought adapter or spacer. HEI style ignition only, No MSD style.
• OEM Automatic or Standard Transmission – No Racing Transmissions. Minimum Clutch size will be 7 ¼”. Stock style OEM rear ends only – Four Link Suspension only. A steel 9” Ford is OK with 4 link mount. No quick change rear ends or aluminum rear end components of any kind! A 2” Inspection hole must be cut in all bell housings so the clutch can easily be seen. No reverse mount starters of any kind!!
• Rear trailing arms can be OEM or manufactured. Adjustable Heims are OK. However the frame mounts & the rear end mounts will remain stock & in stock location. All trailing arm lengths must be within 1” of a stock OEM trailing arm for that car.
• All remaining suspension parts will remain stock and be in stock location and be mounted in the stock angle with the exception of the front shocks which can be mounted outboard - Stock appearing springs and shocks in the rear. No heims of any kind on any suspension parts except for the shock ends. Stock style sway bars in stock location in stock mounts to the frame – threaded rod adjustments on the A-frame are OK. Rear and/or Front Load Bolts OK. After Market Tubular Upper A-Frames will be allowed. A-frames will have stock ball joints. Upper A-Frame Mounts may be modified and be within 1” of stock location!
• All Shocks will be steel & non-adjustable! No Canister Shocks of any kind. No Bump Stops of any kind! No Schrader valves of any kind! No Coil Binding. All shocks will be a nationally advertised shock & will not exceed having a list price of $145 per shock
• Steel 8” racing safety wheels with 1” lug nuts. Tread width will be 77” measured with Toe Plates.
• Fuel cells are mandatory with an 8” minimum ground clearance. A fuel cell guard behind the cell with two forward braces is required. Any plating of the frame around the fuel cell is OK. Stock rear frame rails may be replaced from behind the spring pockets rearward to the bumper with 2”x 3” steel tubing.
• Aftermarket brake pedals and or master cylinders are allowed. Aftermarket Brake Calipers are allowed. Rear disc brakes are OK. Aftermarket gas pedal highly recommended. No in cockpit adjustments of any kind including brake bias adjuster. All pedals will be in a relatively stock location-you will remain sitting in the front seat area, not in the back seat area.
• A collapsible aftermarket steering column is highly recommended, along with a quick disconnect steering wheel. Replacement of the rag joint at the bottom of the steering shaft is highly recommended.
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Opening Night Full 4 in1 Show - Galesburg Giveaway #1
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Saturday, May 06, 2017
Full 4 in 1 Show - Plus Spectator Drags
Sunday, May 07, 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Full 4 in 1 show - Plus Power wheel Derby & Mothers Day Giveaway night #2