Galesburg Speedway - 2017 Burg Stock Rules
GALESBURG SPEEDWAY - 2017 BURG STOCK RULES
- Safety Requirements
- Either a full one piece or a two piece fire suit with pants and a jacket. No one will be permitted to run with a fire suit jacket only.
- Driver side window net.
- Minimum 4 point racing harness required and is to be mounted in a safe and proper manner.
- Helmet designed for auto racing.
- Gloves are required at all times while competing.
- VERY STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Minimum double layer or triple layer fire suit.
- High quality and properly rated racing helmet.
- Fireproof gloves that are made for racing.
- Racing shoes and fire proof socks.
- Fire proof head and face cover.
- Neck Collar or HANS Device
- 5 point racing harness.
- Racing seat preferably with head, shoulder, arm and leg restraints.
- IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD THE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT, YOU NEED TO PRIORTIZE YOUR RACE BUDGET.
- Any 4 or 6 cylinder front wheel drive car with factory fuel injection.
- No convertibles.
- No trucks.
- No mid or rear engine cars.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on ANTI-FREEZE!
- No lead or any type of ballast may be added to your car.
- Drivetrain, Exhaust, Battery & Gas Tank
- Mufflers are mandatory with a maximum 2" exhaust.
- No turbo or super chargers.
- No multi-carburetor engines.
- No rotary engines.
- No cosworth engines.
- FACTORY FUEL INJECTION ONLY!
- Stock transmission for the make and model of the car.
- Battery may be relocated. Must be securely mounted and strapped. If located in drivers compartment must be covered.
- Gas Tank
- Stock gas tank ahead of rear axle.
- Stock gas tank behind rear axle.
- Must be replaced and relocated to the trunk.
- If replacing gas tank: Use a small 8 gallon fuel cell or boat gas tank. The tank must be mounted in the farthest forward area of the truck and securely fastened with at least 4 straps. The rear firewall must be completely enclosed. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF A MADE FOR RACING FUEL CELL.
- All suspension will remain stock, remain in the stock location and unaltered! - STOCK MEANS STOCK!
- NO COIL OVERS!
- NO SPRING RUBBERS!
- NO SPACERS!
- NO REAR CAMBER!
- NO ALTERING OR MODIFICATIONS OF YOUR STRUTS! - Car must bounce up and down freely.
- NO REAR STEER!
- The wheelbase will remain the same measurement on the left and the right side of the car within a 1/2".
- NO ADJUSTERS OF ANY KIND!
- There is no rule on the maximum amount of RIGHT front camber allowed.
- .Body & Frame
- Complete stock body from front to back.
- Complete stock frame.
- Stock front and rear firewalls.
- All doors are to be welded or securely fastened.
- Hood and trunk needs to be secured with quick latches or pins.
- All metal bumpers must be strapped or chained with a bumper cover.
- All glass, except the windshield, must be removed.
- Lexan windshield HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- No windshield is OK - Must place bars in front of driver.
- All insulation, carpet, fabric and plastic must be removed.
- All head lights, tail lights and brake lights must be removed. NO WORKING LIGHTS!
- STOCK, STOCK, STOCK!
- Roll Cage
- A 4 point roll cage is mandatory!
- You are allowed to run a minimum 1.75"x0.90 diameter bars down and between the rear struts coming off the back of the main cage.
- You are allowed to run a minimum 1.75"x0.90 diameter bar between the front struts and front frame horns.
- Tires & Wheels
- No Z rated tires.
- No bias ply, trailer or recap tires.
- Single ply sidewall radial tires 300+ tread wear only!
- 7" wide stock wheels.
- A safety wheel, on the right front and RIGHT REAR only, with no deeper than a 3" offset is allowed.
- Oversized 1" lug nuts are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Raceciever and Radios
- A ONE WAY raceciever is required in all classes.
- Any type of communication device other than a product that allows one way radio transmission from track officials is not allowed. This includes all radios, cell phones and any other type of communication to a driver.
- All cars are required to start their heat race. Any car failing to start will be scratched for the entire evening, unless mechanically unable to make heat race.
- No car may race in any race they are not qualified for.
- No driver may race in more than one heat or one feature. This includes substitute drivers.
- Drivers may swap cars before a race if both cars are in the same race.
- Qualifying will consist of 1 lap. Upon entering the track you will be coming to the green. If you spin out or your car dies while attempting your lap that will still be your attempted lap. In a situation where someone were to spin out or break during the attempted qualifying lap, we will place you in the approptiate race determined by last weeks races. (ex: you spin out, and you raced in the "B" feature the previous week. You will be placed at the rear of the "B" feature this week"
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Opening Night Full 4 in1 Show - Galesburg Giveaway #1
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Saturday, May 06, 2017
Full 4 in 1 Show - Plus Spectator Drags
Sunday, May 07, 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Full 4 in 1 show - Plus Power wheel Derby & Mothers Day Giveaway night #2